Monday, January 4, 2010

Thailand for the Mind

The next few entries will be about my experiences in Thailand for two weeks. I have experienced so much that it is impossible for me to fit it into one entry.

Also you can view my facebook photo album here

First, before addressing the physical journey I would like to express what the trip has taught me.

I learned a lot about life! How fragile it is. How one second can change or even end life. Because of this, life is truly a miracle. A happy life is even something greater than a miracle. But people need to be happy if they are alive and healthy enough to live.

Connecting with others in a positive way and exploring the unknown even if sometimes dangerous is fulfilling. It is good to enjoy life. You only get out of life, what you put into it. Be careful and respect yourself but live carefree.

Most of all, I have come to appreciate what I've had in life! It is AMAZING! Although many times I was discontented or sad, in the end everything has been okay. Before, I often felt that my life was just passing me by. Somehow though, when you are in a death cloud or staring death in the face; it is the fear that you feel that proves to you that you should still have a long and prosperous life ahead. That the small things that seemed so huge and problematic in life are actually nothing when walking the line of mortality.

Unfortunately how I learned this can't be shared. This is something I must internalize, be made my own. Maybe through some context through reading about my journey the reasons behind these realizations can be relieved. But for those wondering or concerned, the story of dancing with death will not be told. At least at this time.

In the end I guess what I say is what many others have said before, but you can say it a million times and it will still have little meaning. You only have to experience it once, for it to be with you forever.

No comments: