Wednesday, February 2, 2011

On the Tops of Mountains

Since I've been back, I've gone snowboarding every weekend. Before I finish my tales in SE Asia, I thought I would do a quick update of the last couple weeks in Japan.


View of Lake Biwa (Shiga) from atop Biwako Valley

Biwako Valley Ski Resort, Lake Biwa in the distance

I also just learned that a great Indian restaurant opened about a 10 minute walk from my apartment! IN HINO! Praise the gods! It is delicious! Now there is a decent restaurant in my town. One good enough that maybe neighboring JETs may even venture into Hino for some curry.

I also signed a contract that will keep me at my current job for another 18 months. A bittersweet feeling. Knowing I will be stuck in The Sticks, Japan. But at the same time in Japan and getting paid a decent salary.

No comments: