Friday, October 22, 2010

Eqinox

These last few weeks have been extremely busy. I was hoping to post a story about the bike ride that almost killed me, but haven't found the time. Even now I write this update on my iPhone. So here is what has happened the last month or so for those that are wondering.

At the end of September I went on a bike ride around Lake Biwa. I was going about 40km an hour when I had to make a sharp turn to avoid a car. I was coming down a montain road, the car was going up. There was a blind spot. The sharp turn caused my bike to slide out from under me. As I slid 2 meters on the pavement, I avoided the car in exchange for road rash. I was lucky not to hit my head because I was wearing no helmet! After about 2 weeks and about $40 worth of bandages I was on my way to recovery. It probably would have been cheaper to go to the hospital with my national health insurance and given bandages and antiseptic.

I bought the iPhone 4 after realizing it would only cost me $5 more a month.

I bought tickets to Thailand to volunteer at Baan Unrak again this year. I plan on riding a bus through Cambodia from Thailand to Vietnam and seeing Angkor Wat along the way. Then a train from Saigon to Hanoi, with the goal to spend a night in Halong Bay on a Junk Boat.

My passport is being renewed because there are not enough empty pages.

I'm studying Japanese to take the Japanaese Language Proficiency Test (N3 Level) in December.

I've been teaching like a mad man, and sleeping less than 6 hours a night.

I've put nearly 1500 kilometers on my motorbike within he last 2 months.

I'm practicing a dance routine to preform on Halloween.

I went to an art festival in my town and found a bakery where the grain is harvested and then baked by the same woman.

1 comment:

Jetty said...

Glad you weren't too seriously hurt!