Friday, June 25, 2010

Rainy season

The last two days have been a break in the rainy weather of tsuyu. About 2 more weeks until rainy season will come to a close.

I've been pretty busy these last couple weeks. Doing lots of speaking tests with my 3rd year students, since the mid-term is here. Today I also visited two of my elementary schools. Out of four classes, only one was bad. Especially when a kid somehow pulled out a 7" blade resembling some kind of ninja gardening tool. The petting of the blade was a bit disturbing. But I just looked at him like if he didn't put it away it was going through his skull. I think somehow he was allowed to have it since it was just in a plastic bag hanging at the side of his desk. Besides this semi-shocking experience, the class had disruptive students per usual.

And finally, my sanctuary has been compromised. I've seen students pass in front of my house on the way to school, and I know they saw me. Then a couple weeks ago, there were four first grade girls waiting in the park across from my house, and they decided to ambush me with questions about Justin Beiber. They know from talking to me in school that I basically think he is a terrible singer. But somehow they try to still talk to me about him and other pop stars on the same level. And now, it is about twice a week at my front door!! I try to be nice, and of course enjoy that they try many times to use the English they have learned, which I encourage. But sometimes it can be a bit much. I felt bad today since they caught me when I already had one foot in my door, and decided to just wave and say goodbye. Believe me it is hard when there are three little smiling girls running up to you screaming your name like you are a rock-star while carrying their ipod filled with Justin Beiber. It is almost like kicking a small kitten out of a doorway.

Now only if this happened with women somewhere between the ages of 20 and 28...

1 comment:

Jetty said...

I don't get this Bieber fever. The kid is not talented. He's pretty much an airhead as well. I've now seen two videos in which he's attempted to walk through glass doors.